- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Innovation Partners
- Technology Sectors
- Career Paths
- St. John’s is known as “the City of Ocean Excellence”.
- Cape Spear, 15 km from St. John’s, is the easternmost point in North America.
- Newfoundland is an island in the North Atlantic; Labrador is a northern region in the sub-Arctic. Together, their coastlines are 17,542 kilometres.
- Newfoundland and Labrador is near some of world’s most productive fishing grounds.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world (244,000 kilometres); is the second largest country in land mass (9.98 million square kilometers), after Russia; and is bounded by three oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic).
- The Canadian Forces station at Alert is 817 km from the North Pole.
- The harsh environment of ice, water, wind and fog has spurred the innovation of world-class ocean technologies.
- The Avalon Peninsula, where St. John’s is located, was rated #1 of 100 coastal destinations in the world by National Geographic Traveler Magazine in 2010.