- About OceansAdvance
- Membership Directory
- Innovation Partners
- Technology Sectors
- Our Innovators
Innovators: Government Support
- As outlined in Innovation Newfoundland and Labrador: A Blueprint for Prosperity (2006), the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador is collaborating with ocean technology stakeholders to identify, stimulate, pursue, support and capitalize on opportunities in the long-term that lead to improvements in safety and security, quality of life, skills development, economic growth and environmental sustainability.
- In collaboration with industry, academia and OceansAdvance, the Provincial government has committed $28 million to expand the ocean technology sector to $1 billion by 2015.
- The Government of Canada supports the sector through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Defence Research and Development Canada, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Industry Canada and National Research Council.
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency has invested $41.8 million in the ocean technology sector in Newfoundland and Labrador through the Atlantic Innovation Fund since 2001.
- The City of St. John’s is known as “the City of Ocean Excellence”.
- The City of St. John’s undertakes extensive marketing campaigns, industry developments and communications programs to advance the interests of the sector and create a leadership position for St. John’s in regional, national and international ocean technology markets.
- The City of St. John’s co-hosts the Breakfast Speaker Series with OceansAdvance.